In 2018, Beer and Flowers festival celebrates its 54th anniversary. But although it is the 54th festival, the first festival was held 55 years ago.
In these years we have:
- hosted several million visitors
- featured almost 1,000 music bands and individual performers
- exhibited more ethnographic groups than all other local ethnographic festivals put together
- invited numerous local brass bands, florists, flower professionals and enthusiasts and many other exceptional artists
- altogether drunk over 10 million litres of our beer Zlatorog
These numbers confirm that this is truly the biggest festival event in Slovenia, which also has the longest tradition.
Every third weekend in July, Laško becomes the centre of Slovenia and the capital of the liveliest summer happening that is becoming more popular every year.